Jamika Pessoa's Chicken Corn Chowder Bites
This recipe makes the perfect bites for appetizers.
Make this delicious recipe for under $10, and impress your guests with this bite-sized take on a traditional chicken corn chowder dish. Try this inventive and simple recipe, and have it cooked to perfection in 10 minutes.
Get more recipes from The Dish on Oz.
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 onion, finely diced
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded chicken (store-bought rotisserie chicken works perfectly)
- 2 stalks green onions, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 can biscuit dough
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375˚F.
2. In a sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add bell pepper and onion. Cook until softened, 3 minutes, then stir in flour and cook 1 minute.
3. Add in corn, chicken broth, and cream cheese. Stir 1 to 2 minutes until cream cheese is melted.
4. Fold in chicken and green onions. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.
5. Remove biscuits from can. Cut each biscuit in half. Place dough halves into muffin tin using your fingers to press sides of dough up to the top of muffin tin.
6. Spoon in corn chowder. Sprinkle tops with cheese and bake for 10-12 minutes until golden and bubbly.
7. Using a spoon, gently remove bites from pan and place on plate.