Chicken Pizza Crust
This low-carb pizza crust recipe is packed with protein.
Cut calories on your pizza with this alternative crust recipe from Italian chef Laura Vitale. Packed with protein that will leave you feeling full and satisfied, this recipe is perfect for those on the keto diet. Next time you get a craving for pizza, layer your favorite delicious toppings on top for a satisying, low-carb dish.
- 10 oz canned chicken
- 1 oz grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
1. Drain the canned chicken, getting as much moisture out as possible.
2. Spread chicken on a baking sheet lined with a silicon mat. Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes to dry out the chicken.
3. Once chicken is done baking, remove and place in a mixing bowl. Increase the heat of the oven to 500°F.
4. Add cheese and egg to the bowl with chicken and mix.
5. Pour mixture onto baking sheet lined with a silicon mat and spread thin. Placing parchment paper on top and using a rolling pin makes this easier.
6. Bake the crust for 8-10 minutes. Then remove crust from oven.
7. Add desired toppings and bake for another 6-10 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.