Alex Guarnaschelli's Touchdown Turkey Wings
Kick off game day with this turkey wing recipe!
Photo from Elizabeth Griffin
A fresh take on the classic buffalo wing dish, this recipe features turkey wings. Enjoy the Super Bowl while munching on this satisfying protein-packed appetizer.
Get more recipes from The Dish on Oz.
- 6 turkey wings, ranging anywhere from 8 to 12 oz each
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- Kosher salt and white pepper
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp mild curry powder, lightly toasted
- red wine vinegar (for sprinkling)
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Toss turkey wings in a bowl with the canola oil and season all over with salt and pepper.
3. Arrange wings in a single layer on two racks, each set over a baking sheet. Roast until they are golden brown with crispy edges, about 1 hour 30 minutes to 1 hour 45 minutes.
4. In a food processor, pulse the garlic until finely chopped. Add the honey, olive oil, rice wine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and curry powder. Blend until smooth.
5. A few minutes before the wings are finished, spoon or brush the wings with the garlic paste and then finish cooking them. Sprinkle with some additional salt and a little red wine vinegar before serving.