Recreate this classic Italian restaurant recipe in your own kitchen!
This chicken alfredo recipe copies the amazing flavor of an Italian chain restaurant dish, but with an extra creaminess and cheesiness added from the cream cheese and grated Parmesan. For a lower carb option, replace the fettuccini noodles with chickpea pasta or a zoodle!
Get more recipes from The Dish on Oz.
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 5 tbsp butter
- 1/2 lb fettucine pasta
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp flour
- 2 cups milk
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Add olive oil and 1 tbsp butter to non-stick sauté pan over medium heat. Cook chicken approximately 5-7 minutes per side until chicken is golden brown on the outside and cooked through inside. Set aside and keep warm.
2. Prepare pasta according to package directions. While pasta is cooking begin the sauce.
3. In a saucepan, add 4 tbsp melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds to a minute. Stir in flour and cook for an additional minute. Pour in milk. Whisk in cream cheese and 3/4 cup of Parmesan cheese. Reduce heat to low and continue to whisk as sauce thickens. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Drain pasta and add to sauce. Toss well. To plate, pile portion of pasta into a bowl. Slice chicken and add on top of pasta. Sprinkle some of the remaining Parmesan cheese and serve.