Jamika Pessoa's Shrimp Roll
These summer shrimp rolls are the perfect warm-weather dinner recipe.
Who said cookouts only have to feature hot dogs and hamburgers? Switch things up at your next BBQ with this delectable shrimp roll recipe.
Get more recipes from The Dish on Oz.
- 2 lbs shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails removed
- kosher salt
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 1/2 bunch bunch fresh flat-leaf parsley (plus 2 tbsp, chopped)
- 1 celery stalk (plus 2 more stalks, finely diced)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp black peppercorns
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1-2 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 2 tbsp pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup pineapple, finely diced
- black pepper, to taste
- 6 top-split rolls, outsides buttered and toasted
- lemon wedge, for garnish
To poach the shrimp:
1. Bring a small stockpot of water to a boil and season generously with salt. Add lemon, bunch of parsley, 1 celery stalk, bay leaf, and peppercorns. Bring to a boil, add shrimp, cover pot, and remove from heat. Let it stand just until shrimp are cooked through, about 3 minutes.
2. Transfer shrimp to a bowl of ice water with a slotted spoon and let cool. Drain the shrimp and refrigerate.
For the shrimp roll:
1. Place the mayonnaise, garlic, chili sauce, and the pineapple juice into a large bowl and whisk together. Fold in the shrimp, pineapple, diced celery, chopped parsley, and season with salt and pepper. Spoon into the buttered rolls and serve with a lemon wedge.
For more Dr. Oz wellness tips, recipes, and exclusive sneak peeks from The Dr. Oz Show, subscribe to the Dr. Oz newsletter.