Green Herb & Chicken Pasta Salad
Add this protein-rich pasta salad recipe to your Memorial Day weekend BBQ table.
A Memorial Day weekend BBQ would be incomplete without pasta salad. Make this healthy, low-calorie side dish to serve alongside the rest of your barbecue favorites. It's quick and easy to put together and a dish everyone will love.
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 lb pre-cooked chicken breasts, chop into chunks or small slices
- fresh mint
- 1 bunch scallions
- fresh arugula
- whole wheat pasta, preferably bow ties or rotini
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 cup olive oil
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together lemon zest and juice, salt and black pepper to taste, and herbs (chop up about 2 tbsp fresh mint, 1/4 cup fresh parsley, and 2-3 scallions). Stream in the olive oil while whisking continuously to make a vinaigrette.
3. To the bowl with the dressing, add the chicken, drained chickpeas, cooked pasta, and arugula and stir gently until thoroughly combined. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
For more Dr. Oz wellness tips, recipes, and exclusive sneak peeks from The Dr. Oz Show, subscribe to the Dr. Oz newsletter.