What if you could stay fit and healthy and still be able to snack on sweets? With this two-ingredient banana-oat cookie recipe, you get all of the health benefits of a banana, such as potassium and vitamin B6, while still enjoying a sweet treat.
3 large bananas 2 cup blended oats Optional add-ins: cinnamon, vanilla extract, cacao nibs, nuts or unsweetened coconut flakes
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Mash bananas in a separate bowl.
3. Pour oats and any add-ins into bowl.
4. Using your hands or a large spoon, mix the oat mash together.
5. Using an ice cream scoop or spoon, portion 12 scoops of oat mash onto a parchment-paper-lined baking sheet or silicone mat. Cover the scooped portions of dough with plastic wrap and, using the flat bottom of a glass, press down on the scoops until they are 1/2-inch thick.
6. Place into oven and bake for 9 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and set on a cooling rack to cool completely.
Become an insider
Subscribe to Dr. Oz’s free, daily newsletter and get his exclusive, personal tips for living your best life.