Tempeh is a great plant-based protein to eat on the 21-Day Weight Loss Breakthrough Diet. Plus, marinating tempeh in healthy spices and other ingredients helps it taste like bacon. This recipe is so delicious that even the biggest bacon lovers will be fooled and delighted with this healthier alternative.
- 8 oz tempeh, cut into very thin slices
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ancho chile powder
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
1. Slice tempeh into thin slices.
2. Mix all the other ingredients together to create a marinade.
3. Place tempeh slices in marinade and let it sit for 30 minutes.
4. Cook each piece in a skillet for one to two minutes each side. Serve for breakfast with a slice of whole grain toast and half an avocado.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in The 21-Day Weight Loss Breakthrough.