Many studies have shown that plant-based diets reduce the risk for developing various diseases. Plant-based diets can also help you achieve your weight loss goals, which is why it is part of the 21-Day Weight Loss Breakthrough Diet. This recipe for roasted tofu and tempeh will have you praising the possibilities of a meatless dish -- it's a mouthwatering portion of nutritious simplicity.
- 1 package (14 oz) extra-firm tofu, drained
- 1 package (8 oz) soy tempeh
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium tamari
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
1. Heat oven to 425°F.
2. Cut package of tofu and package of tempeh cross-wise into thirds. Place in a foil-lined baking pan.
3. Whisk tamari with olive oil, lime juice, garlic cloves, and grated ginger. Spoon over tofu and tempeh in pan: turn to coat.
4. Roast 12 to 15 minutes. Serve or keep for later in the week. If saving for later, let dish cool and then transfer to a container and keep chilled.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in The 21-Day Weight Loss Breakthrough.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!