2 bell peppers, cut in half and core removed 1/2 cup millet, dry 1 cup water 15 oz black beans, drained (1 can) 1 cup tomatoes, diced (canned or fresh) + 4 tablespoons 1 cup zucchini, diced 1 small onion, diced 1 tbsp oil 2 tsp cumin 1 tsp smoked paprika 2 tsp garlic powder 1 tsp chili powder Sprinkle of red pepper flakes (optional) Cilantro, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a small sauce pot, add millet and water. Bring to boil, reduce to simmer and cover. Cook for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, turn heat off and let millet sit about 5 minutes, then fluff with fork.
3. In a frying pan, heat oil over medium-low heat. Add onion and saute 10 minutes, until translucent.
4. Add zucchini to onions and saute another 8-10 minutes until onions are golden and zucchini is soft. Add garlic and saute another minute. Remove from heat.
5. In a large mixing bowl, place 1 cup cooked millet, the onion and zucchini mixture, 1 cup black beans, 1 cup diced tomato and all the seasonings. Mix until incorporated.
6. Lay peppers in a baking dish and place 1/4 of mixture in each pepper half.
7. Top each pepper with 1 tablespoon tomatoes.
8. Cover dish with tin foil or lid and bake 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, turn heat to 400°F, remove lid or foil and bake another 10 minutes uncovered.
Become an insider
Subscribe to Dr. Oz’s free, daily newsletter and get his exclusive, personal tips for living your best life.