This simple recipe is layered with tons of flavors. The coconut milk and eggs are the foundation for this classic quiche, but without the crust, this is a lighter, healthier breakfast that tastes delicious!
Get more recipes from The Dish on Oz.
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lb spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
- Kosher salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 can (13.5 oz) unsweetened coconut milk
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over high heat. When the oil starts to sizzle, shut off the heat and add half of the spinach. Season with salt and cook, stirring to wilt the leaves, for 1-2 minutes until they become soft. Transfer the spinach to a baking sheet layered with a kitchen towel to trap excess moisture and refrigerate. Repeat the process with remaining spinach.
3. In the blender, blend the eggs, coconut milk, cream cheese, and soy sauce on medium speed until smooth. Stir in half of the Parmesan.
4. Cover the outside of the 9-inch round tart pan with foil to prevent any egg from leaking out. Grease the bottom and sides of the tart pan with the remaining olive oil and fill with the batter. Gently add the spinach to the batter, distributing it evenly in the pan. Place the dish in the center of the oven and bake 25 minutes. Check that the mixture is set in the pan: It should “wiggle” a little in the center. Top with the remaining Parmesan and cook an additional 5 minutes to brown the top. Remove from the oven. Cool at least 20 minutes before slicing and serving.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in Oz Investigates: What’s Really in Jarred Salsa and Guacamole?.