Chocolate fondue is hard to get right, but this recipe nails it; with twice the flavor and half the calories, it's the perfect holiday dessert. The fondue is warm, rich, and festive, and celebrity chef Alex Guarnaschelli, judge of Food Network's Chopped and author of Old-School Comfort Food, wouldn't have it any other way.
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, washed, dried and hulled
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- 2 bananas, peeled, sliced
- 12 oz thick, salted pretzels
- 4 oz dried apricots
- 6 oz roasted, salted almonds
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 oz semisweet chocolate
- 2 tsp dark rum
- 1/8 tsp grated orange zest
1. Arrange all of the fondue elements on a platter.
2. In a medium saucepan over low heat, bring the cream, sugar, cinnamon, and butter to a rolling boil. Remove from the heat, add the chocolate, and stir until the chocolate melts. Add the rum and stir in the orange zest.
3. Serve Enriched Chocolate Sauce warm with the fondue elements. Enjoy this delicious dessert!
*Calorie count only for fondue.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in Does Your Town Pass the Germ Test?.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!