The delicious taste of this burger will have you forgetting that it’s a Paleo dish. The mushrooms act as juicy buns, while the patty on the inside is an all-American beef burger. Try switching this burger out for your normal one to incorporate some paleo in your diet.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 8 portobello mushrooms, stem removed
- 1 egg
- 4 tomato slices
- 4 onion slices
- fresh lettuce
- homemade ketchup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt and pepper
1. Preheat your grill/pan to medium-high.
2. In a bowl, combine the ground beef, egg, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Shape the ground beef into 4 large patties.
4. Rub the portobello mushroom with oil and season to taste.
5. Grill the burgers, covered, for 4 to 7 minutes on each side.
6. Grill the portobello mushroom for 4 to 6 minutes on each side at the same time.
7. Serve the burger on the portobello mushrooms topped with bacon, ketchup, tomato, onion, and lettuce.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in The Plan to Eat Clean: 7 Misconceptions About the Paleo Diet.