Daymond John's "Rise and Grind" path to success includes making the most of your day and understanding how to work smarter. This energy ball recipe from Bite Club member Meg gets his seal of approval. When you most need energy is usually when you have to be on the go. You can take these with you or throw them in any lunch bag or cooler, and you only need one or two to feel satisfied and energized!
- 2 cups dates
- 2 cups almonds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes (reserve 1/2 cup for rolling)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
1. Put 1/2 cup of coconut flakes into the food processor and process to break up flakes slightly (about 1 minute). Do not over-process or it will become coconut butter.
2. Remove flakes and set aside.
3. Place dates in the food processor and process until they have come together into a ball.
4. Break up date ball with hands and add in almonds, cocoa powder, 1/4 cup of coconut flakes and sea salt.
5. Process for several minutes.
6. Add in vanilla extract and 1 tablespoon of almond milk.
7. Process until mixture comes back together into a ball.
8. Remove mixture from food processor and roll into 2 dozen balls.
9. Roll each ball in the coconut flakes.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!