This apple iced tea recipe combines the sweet notes of crisp apples with the flavorful elements of black tea and cinnamon. Store bought iced-teas are often loaded with sugar and artificial ingredients. Even those labeled as "all-natural" or "real-brewed" can still have unhealthy additives. Instead of purchasing a store-bought iced tea, enjoy this guilt-free all-natural recipe from viewer Wendy!
- 2 quarts bottled spring water
- 8 standard black tea bags
- pinch of baking soda
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- 2 medium crisp apples, cut into thin wedges
- 1 large cinnamon stick
1. Bring water to a boil in a tea kettle.
2. Put tea bags in a deep, heat-proof bowl or large teapot.
3. As soon as the water begins to boil, pour over tea bags; stir and let stand 4 minutes.
4. Add a pinch of baking soda. Remove tea bags/
5. Put lemons, apples, and cinnamon in a pitcher. Pour tea over fruit. Let steep at least 10 minutes before serving.
6. Serve over ice and enjoy!