No need for butter — this brownie recipe from Dr. Taz Bhatia, integrated health expert and author of What Doctor's Eat, uses avocado in its place.
- 1 large avocado
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut nectar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cacao powder
- 1/4 cup Enjoy Life semi-sweet chocolate mini chips
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Combine avocado, coconut oil, coconut nectar, and vanilla in a food processor or blender.
3. Then, place ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir in eggs.
4. Pour in coconut flour, cocao powder, chocolate chips, sea salt, and baking soda. Stir until well-combined.
5. Grease an 8 x 8 inch baking pan with coconut oil and add batter.