Salads seem like a healthy choice at first glance but the addition of certain toppings and dressings can turn it into a major calorie bomb. Chef James Briscione's recipe provides the creaminess you crave with the help of avocados. By adding in Greek yogurt which is packed with protein and serves as a great substitution for mayonnaise, you can have a flavorful and satisfying lunch while still achieving all your wellness goals.
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 ripe avocado, halved, pitted, and cut into large chunks
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp Kosher salt, plus more as needed
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper, plus more as needed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
1. In a food processor, pulse together the cilantro, parsley, jalapeno, avocado, lime zest and juice, salt, and pepper.
2. Once the cilantro and spice mixture is blended together smoothly, add the sour cream, water, olive oil and hot sauce and continue to blend until a smooth, creamy consistency is reached.
3. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate at least 15 minutes before serving.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in The Startling Link Between Sugar and Alzheimer’s.