Avocado oil is a heart-healthy choice that may even help fight belly fat. If you want to embrace the newest health trends in 2018, give nutritionist Dr. Kellyann Petrucci's avocado oil mayonnaise a try.
2 large egg yolks 1/2 tsp dry mustard 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice 1/2 tsp Celtic or pink Himalayan salt 1 cup avocado oil Stevia or monk fruit sweetener, to equal ¼ teaspoon sugar, optional
1. Bring all ingredients to room temperature.
2. Put egg yolks in a food processor or blender.
3. Add dry mustard, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, and salt.
4. Pulse/blend ingredients until combined.
5. With motor running, add oil in a very, very slow and steady stream. Mixture should become thick and emulsified. If desired, add the sweetener.
6. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Notes: Use very fresh, organic, free range eggs with uncracked shells or use pasteurized eggs. If you’ve ever tried to make mayonnaise, you may have experienced a failure where the product does not emulsify or completely combine to form a silky end product. Adding the lemon juice should help, but the real trick is the SLOW, SLOW, SLOW stream of oil while blending. The stream of oil should look as fine as a thread as you pour. Take 3 minutes to add in the oil.
Subscribe to Dr. Oz’s newsletter and never miss the best content.
Get everything you need to live healthy and happy.
Click here to sign up.