When it comes to improving your memory, nutrition is important. As Dr. Daniel Amen points out, diabesity (a combination of fat and high blood sugar in the body) affects every organ, including the brain. The spices, fiber, and magnesium-rich ingredients in this Bite Club recipe can make a positive impact on your overall health stop diabesity in its tracks. So for dessert tonight, give these healthy brownies a spin.
- 1 1/4 cups sugar-free chocolate chips, carob chip, or grain-sweetened chocolate chips
- 1 15 1/2 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup carob powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup olive oil or coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp powdered stevia
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Purée the rinsed and drained black beans in a blender or food processor until very smooth.
2. Mix the black beans, eggs, oil, and vanilla extract.
3. In another bowl, mix the cocoa powder, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, and stevia. Then, mix the wet and dry ingredients well before adding in the chocolate chips.
4. Pour into a pan and bake for about 20 minutes, until a knife or toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in Genius Foods: 3 Foods to Ward Off Alzheimer’s and Sharpen Your Memory.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!