Viewer Carmyn's black bean burger busts the unhealthy reputation burgers tend to have. Instead its filling, protein-packed ingredients serve as a great alternative for those who are craving a burger and seeking something light and tasty.
1 can black beans 1 egg 1/2 yellow onion 1/2 cup cooked corn 1/2 chopped bell pepper 1 cup wheat bread crumbs 1 tsp dried oregano 1 tsp dried basil 1 tsp cumin 1 tsp garlic powder olive oil spray salt pepper
Black bean burger:
1. Mash beans in a bowl with a fork.
2. Add egg, yellow onion, cooked corn, bread crumbs, oregano, basil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to the bowl. Mix well and shape into patties.
3. Spray olive oil over a hot pan. Place patties in pan, flipping once until golden on both sides. Place over large leaf lettuce instead of a bun. Top it off with a dollop of chipotle mayo, one slice of part skim mozzarella, tomato, and onion, if desired.
1. Mix together 1 cup of low-fat mayo, 2 chipotles in adobo sauce, 1 tablespoon of adobo sauce.
2. Mix in 1/2 lime, juiced, and salt and pepper to taste.
Become an insider
Subscribe to Dr. Oz’s free, daily newsletter and get his exclusive, personal tips for living your best life.