Viewer Carmyn's black bean burger busts the unhealthy reputation burgers tend to have. Instead its filling, protein-packed ingredients serve as a great alternative for those who are craving a burger and seeking something light and tasty.
1 can black beans 1 egg 1/2 yellow onion 1/2 cup cooked corn 1/2 chopped bell pepper 1 cup wheat bread crumbs 1 tsp dried oregano 1 tsp dried basil 1 tsp cumin 1 tsp garlic powder olive oil spray salt pepper
Black bean burger:
1. Mash beans in a bowl with a fork.
2. Add egg, yellow onion, cooked corn, bread crumbs, oregano, basil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to the bowl. Mix well and shape into patties.
3. Spray olive oil over a hot pan. Place patties in pan, flipping once until golden on both sides. Place over large leaf lettuce instead of a bun. Top it off with a dollop of chipotle mayo, one slice of part skim mozzarella, tomato, and onion, if desired.
1. Mix together 1 cup of low-fat mayo, 2 chipotles in adobo sauce, 1 tablespoon of adobo sauce.
2. Mix in 1/2 lime, juiced, and salt and pepper to taste.
Subscribe to Dr. Oz’s newsletter and never miss the best content.
Get everything you need to live healthy and happy.
Click here to sign up.