Craving pasta but are trying to cut down on the carbs? Here is a solution to your conundrum: black bean pasta. Don't be frightened by the color of these delicious noodles. Black bean pasta is just as delicious as traditional pasta and has far fewer carbs. Whip up a batch of your favorite pasta sauce and indulge.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups tomato sauce, homemade or store-bought
- 2 cups spinach, washed
- 1 package black bean spaghetti noodles
1. Combine turkey, onion, breadcrumbs, eggs, cheese, garlic, salt, pepper, and parsley in a large bowl. Mix with hands and form into small meatballs (about 25-30 meatballs) and place on tray.
2. In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. In batches, brown the meatballs for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Use tongs to gently rotate the meatballs so they brown evenly. Place on plate once they’ve been browned to drain any excess oil.
3. Place meatballs back into pan and add tomato sauce.
4. Cover pan and allow meatballs and sauce to simmer for another 10 minutes, or until meatballs are cooked through. Add spinach.
5. While meatballs and sauce are cooking, prepare package of black bean spaghetti noodles according to package instructions.
6. Serve meatballs on top of noodles.