2 ripe bananas 1 apple, cored, roughly chopped 2 tsp vanilla extract 2 tbsp lemon juice 3/4 cup kefir pinch of salt 3 eggs 5 oz brioche (or your favorite soft bread) cut into 1 ½ inch cubes 1 pint blueberries 1/2 cup walnuts
1. In a blender puree the bananas and apple with the vanilla, lemon juice, kefir, and salt.
2. Add the eggs to the blender and pulse to incorporate them into the puree.
3. Grease a 5 1/2-inch x 10 1/2-inch loaf pan (or any baking dish equal in volume) and distribute 1/3 of the bread cubes on the bottom, followed by 1/3 of the blueberries and 1/3 of the walnuts. Repeat the layers two more times finishing with blueberries and walnuts.
4. Pour the egg mix over the pan and cover with foil. Gently press down on the top to ensure all bread is submerged in the the liquid. Refrigerate for about four hours or overnight.
5. Preheat oven to 350°F and bake for about 40 minutes. Check on the bread pudding occasionally and cover top with foil if it gets too dark.
6. Remove from oven, let cool for a few minutes, then serve with a dollop of greek yogurt, ice cream, or whipped cream.
Subscribe to Dr. Oz’s newsletter and never miss the best content.
Get everything you need to live healthy and happy.
Click here to sign up.