Great for when you're on-the-go, this smoothie can be a healthy start to your day. Put your overripe bananas in the freezer the night before, and you'll have this smoothie ready in minutes. You can also get an added boost of vitamins and nutrients by adding in a handful of spinach in before you blend.
Recipe and photo from Dr. Dean Ornish
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 2 cups ripe banana, chopped, then frozen
- 1 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional)
1. Combine ingredients in a blender. Starting on low speed, blend until smooth, increasing speed to medium, then high, as necessary.
2. Taste and add more lemon, vanilla, and/or cinnamon as desired.