Bone broth is the latest health trend, and it's no wonder -- drinking two cups of it in the morning can help you stay energized throughout the day. Plus, its a good source of hydration and helps you sleep at night. Make this recipe from Esther Blum, RD and holistic nutritionist, to start reaping its benefits.
- 2 lbs beef bones
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 carrots, halved
- 3 stalks of celery, halved
- 1 onion, halved
- 12 cups water
1. Combine all the ingredients together in your slow cooker.
2. Set to low, and cook for 15 hours.
3. Let the broth cool, and strain it. Then pour your strained broth into mason jars, skim the fat off the top and either refrigerate or freeze.
4. When you're ready to enjoy your bone broth, skim any remaining fat off the top and reheat before sipping.
Makes 12 cups.