While you wouldn't necessarily think of bone broth and a Bloody Mary in the same sentence, this combo is beneficial in a number of ways. The broth is full of nourishing compounds like collagen, glycine, and proline, and this brunch staple provides a summer-friendly vehicle for getting your nutrients in when the thought of having a warm bowl of soup just won't cut it. This recipe from fairy gut mother Carley Smith provides an ideal boost of probiotics as well, as thanks to the surprising addition of kimchi. Enjoy this drink during the dog days of summer and whenever the craving strikes.
- 1 1/2 cups tomato juice
- 1 cup chicken bone broth
- 2 tbsp kimchi juice
- 1 1/2 tsp horseradish
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 1 tbsp and 1/3 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- 3 1/2 tsp chili powder
- celery stick, pickles, or black/green olives (optional garnish)
- 4-6 tbsp thick raw honey
- vodka (to taste)
1. To make combine all ingredients in blender (not including alcohol) and blend on low until well mixed.
2. In the meantime, combine chili powder and paprika and place on a flat plate.
3. Pour honey on separate plate and dip glass into honey, coating the rim completely.
4. Next, dip glass into spice mixture to evenly coat the rim.
5. Pour Bloody Mary mixture into glass and add vodka.
6. Serve garnished with a stick of fresh celery, pickles, and/or olives on a cocktail pick.