Brazil nuts may be tiny but they pack a lot of punch. Because they are rich in potassium and magnesium, they help boost heart health and regulate blood pressure, while their high amounts of selenium help boost your body's serotonin and antioxidant levels. This chocolate dessert combines the best of both worlds helping you stay healthy and fit without having to give up your favorite indulgence.
- 2/3 cup mashed avocado
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder, plus 2 tbsp
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup finely chopped Brazil nuts
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1. Blend the avocado in a food processor until it is very smooth. Add the cacao powder, Brazil nuts, and vanilla extract and blend until well combined.
2. Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper, and place the coconut flakes in a shallow plate.
3. Using a small cookie scoop or a melon baller, scoop the avocado mixture and roll around in your hands to create even balls.
4. Roll each ball in the coconut flakes and place on the prepared cookie sheet. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in 28-Day Food Plan to Boost Your Thyroid.