Kefir has three times the amount of probiotics that are in yogurt, so beginning each day during the three-day soup clease with this recipe will give your digestive system a huge boost for the detox.
- 2 1/2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 1/2 cups strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup kefir
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- Sliced fresh strawberries - optional topping
1. Gently simmer the berries until quite soft, for about 10 to 15 minutes.
2. Transfer to a blender and add kefir, lime juice and zest, chili powder and maple syrup. Blend until smooth.
3. Serve topped with sliced fresh strawberries. Makes 3 cups.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in Souping: The New Nutrient-Packed Way to Detox.