- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 leek, green top discarded, white section sliced in 1/2-inch rounds
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 head of broccoli, discard stem and cut into florets (should equal 4 cups)
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- Sea salt, to taste
- Optional fresh ground black pepper
In a large soup pot, melt the coconut oil over medium-high heat. Make sure everything is chopped.
Once hot, saute the leeks until they begin to soften, roughly 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant. Add the broccoli and stir to mix everything together. Cook for an additional 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low, add the 3 cups of chicken stock, bay leaf and turmeric. Cover and let everything simmer for 20 minutes.
Remove from heat, uncover and stir in the additional nutritional yeast. Season additionally to your tastes with nutritional yeast, salt and pepper if desired. Serve warm.