This Bite Club member recipe has all the right foods to help you improve your cognitive function. As Dr. Daniel Amen explains, diabesity (a combination of fat and high blood sugar in the body) affects every organ, including the brain. Broccoli and flaxseeds provide a high fiber content, while quinoa is also rich in magnesium. These are the foods that will effectively regulate your glucose levels to keep your body and brain functioning at its best. Best of all, it's easy: just mix all the ingredients in a food processor and bake!
**Note: This is an approved recipe for the What to Eat When plan.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 broccoli head
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- fresh parsley, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Cook quinoa in 2 cups of water according to package instructions.
3. Mix all ingredients, including cooked quinoa, in a food processor and form into 8 patties.
4. Cook for about 25-30 minutes, until crispy on both sides.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in Genius Foods: 3 Foods to Ward Off Alzheimer’s and Sharpen Your Memory.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!