Broccoli is an excellent source of vitamins K, C, chromium and folate. It's rich in fiber, potassium and copper as well.
- 3 cups frozen, shredded hash browns
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1 tsp salt-free garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. When the oil starts to sheen, add the hash browns and cook until softened, about 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer the hash browns to a large mixing bowl and allow to cool.
3. Add the egg to the hash browns and mix. Throw in the remaining ingredients and combine until the dough is a bit sticky.
4. Form small tater tot shapes from the potato dough and place on a greased baking sheet. Spray with olive oil, then place in the oven to cook for 10 minutes.
5. Check the tots; if golden and crispy they are done. If not, give them a few more minutes. Serve warm with low-sodium dipping sauces, like sodium-free ketchup, mustard or Greek yogurt.