8 oz fresh salmon fillet 8 oz plum tomatoes, chopped 1 medium red onion 1 clove garlic 1 oz pine nuts, slightly toasted (optional) 4 oz fresh basil leaves 1 oz fresh coriander 1 oz Parmesan cheese, grated 2 tbsp olive oil 2 tbsp light soy sauce salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 275°- 350°F.
2. Blend together the onions, garlic, pine nuts, 1 tbsp olive oil, basil, and coriander leaves until smooth.
3. Transfer mixture into a bowl, and mix in the remaining ingredients. Adjust seasonings.
4. Season salmon with salt and pepper and arrange in a greased up broiler pan.
5. Place pan in oven and broil for 6-8 minutes. Turn off the oven.
6. Remove salmon from oven, and spoon pesto mixture on top of salmon.
7. Return salmon into oven for an additional minute.
8. Serve with brown rice, baked potatoes, or broccoli for a light dinner.
Become an insider
Subscribe to Dr. Oz’s free, daily newsletter and get his exclusive, personal tips for living your best life.