Raw veggies tossed with fruit and a citrus dressing make for a tangy, nutrient-packed salad.
- 1 cup Brussels sprouts, shredded or thinly sliced
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 1/2 medium apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
In a large bowl, mix together the Brussels sprouts, cabbage, cucumber, alfalfa sprouts and apple slices.
Toss with the vinegar, salt, pepper, oil and lemon juice.
Refrigerate for about an hour to allow the flavors to meld together and serve.
Makes 4 cups
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in Why You Don’t Have to Be Gluten-Free Forever.