Eating healthy doesn't mean you have to sacrifice your favorite foods. This Oz-approved pancake recipe, by chef Danny Boome, uses healthy ingredients to make a delicious breakfast. These pancakes are easy to make, gluten-free, and packed with fiber and protein.
1 1/2 cup buckwheat flour 3 tbsp sugar 1/2 tsp salt 1 tsp baking soda 3 tbsp oil 2 cups buttermilk
1. Heat a well-seasoned griddle.
2. Whisk together the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Pour the oil over the dry ingredients and start stirring.
3. In a separate bowl, beat the egg with a fork and stir it into half of the buttermilk. Add the buttermilk/egg mixture to the dry ingredients, then slowly add in the rest of the buttermilk as needed to get to the right consistency for your batter. Stir until everything is combined.
4. Put a small amount of oil on the griddle and pour the batter onto the hot surface to the desired size, about 4-5 inches wide. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Allow the pancakes to cook for 2-3 minutes on this first side.
5. When bubbles start to rise to the surface at the center of the pancake, flip the pancake. Cook for another 1-2 minutes, or until nicely browned.