In this creative dinner recipe from chef Danny Boome, crispy zucchini acts as the nutrient-packed vehicle for shredded chicken with a kick. Use a kitchen mixer to shred the chicken, or if you want to go old-school, pull the meat apart with just two forks. Find more ways to cook with rotisserie chicken here.
- non-stick cooking spray
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- 6 oz Buffalo-style hot sauce
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 lb store-bough rotisserie chicken, shredded into small pieces
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400° F. Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Add butter, Buffalo sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and onion powder to a medium-size bowl and put to the side.
3. Cut each zucchini in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to scoop the seeds and center out of each zucchini half, leaving a ¼-inch-thick edge.
4. Place the zucchini halves in the baking dish, cut-side up.
5. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high, and add the buffalo mixture and rotisserie chicken. Heat until chicken and sauce are warmed through.
6. Spoon the chicken mixture into the zucchini boats. Sprinkle the zucchini evenly with the cheese.
7. Cover baking dish with foil. Bake for about 35 minutes, or until cheese is completely melted and zucchini is tender when pierced with a fork.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in Rotisserie and Grilled Chicken at Fast-Food Chains: What You Need to Know.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!