Soups are great for diets because they are both nutritional and low in calories. Try out this delicious and healthy soup from registered dietitian Tanya Zuckerbrot on The 28-Day Inflammation-Busting Plan.
- 6 carrots, peeled and diced
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 1 (16 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 large head green cabbage, chopped fine
- 2 cups fresh green beans, ends removed, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 bunch celery, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (32 oz) box chicken broth
- salt and pepper
1. Place all the vegetables in a large pot. Add the chicken broth and enough water to cover. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat and cook for 10 minutes. Reduce heat and simmer until the vegetables are tender.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in Oz Investigates: Canned Tuna: We Set the Record Straight.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!