Celebrity trainer Jen Widerstrom recommends sipping on this delicious latte as part of the Clean Prescription Restart Plan. The cacao powder in this beverage is high in antioxidants and provides a great source of iron and magnesium. If you're craving chocolate cake and candy, you can stifle that craving by sipping on this chocolatey beverage instead.
Recipe from PetesPaleo.com
- 12 oz hot tea (or coffee if you like)
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1-2 tsp coconut sugar (or maple syrup, honey, stevia)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 oz almond or raw dairy milk (coconut milk doesn't seem to froth well)
1. Prepare your tea or coffee, mix with cacao powder, sweetener of your choice, vanilla, and any additional powders or superfoods.
2. Foam the milk with your milk frother, add a touch of vanilla and/or honey while it's foaming. Pour the foam over your tea, top with toasted coconut, coconut sugar, or the Grain-Free Granola from last week and enjoy!
3. If you don't have a milk frother and you want to try to make it foamy, you can heat everything together and then place it in the blender and blend on high for 30 seconds.
4. Make sure this lid is sealed tight and that your blender has a tight sealing lid. Be cautious when you open it as the steam can build pressure and it can splatter hot liquid when you take the lid off or while blending. You can also use a milk frother if you have one on hand.
5. Enjoy, adapt the recipe to your liking, and keep warm!
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in Have We Overblown Peanut Allergies?.