- 1 cup onion
- 2 cans Great Northern Beans
- 32 oz chicken stock
- collard greens
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a medium pan, sauté onion over a medium flame until the onions are translucent.
2. Take the collard greens and tear the leaves from the central ribs. Rip the leaves to a manageable size, approximately 2 inches by 2 inches. Gather the leaves and thoroughly rinse.
3. In a Dutch oven, add chicken stock, collard greens, white beans, vinegar, and rosemary. When the onions are done, add them into the Dutch oven.
4. Bring mixture to a boil, turn down the heat to medium low.
5. Cover the pot with a lid and allow to gently bubble away for 30-40 minutes, until leaves are tender.
6. Served over a bed of rice, this delicious recipe makes its own meal. The flavor could benefit, too, from a healthy splash or two of hot sauce. Enjoy!