8 oz cannelloni pasta, cooked al dente 4 oz ricotta cheese 2 oz Monterey Jack cheese, grated 2 oz spinach 1 medium red onion, finely sliced 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped 2 oz flour 2 tbsp olive oil 2 tbsp lemon juice 16 oz fresh milk salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a medium sauce pan, sweat the onions and garlic in olive oil.
2. Add the spinach and lemon juice into the pan until the spinach wilts. Stir and set aside to cool.
3. Dissolve flour in 8 ounces of milk and set aside.
4. Add the remaining 8 ounces of milk into a separate pan and let simmer.
5. Temper the milk in the pan with the flour mixture to a pliable consistency (make sure it's not too thick).
6. Mix half of the cheese with the spinach mixture and adjust seasoning.
7. Fill the cannelloni with the spinach and cheese mixture and arrange in a casserole dish.
8. Pour the milk mixture on top and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
9. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and let melt in the oven for an additional 5 minutes.
Subscribe to Dr. Oz’s newsletter and never miss the best content.
Get everything you need to live healthy and happy.
Click here to sign up.