10 oz semi-sweet chocolate (melted) 4 tbsp butter (melted) 3 ripe avocados 1 cup sugar 2 eggs (whisked) 2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract 2/3 cup flour 1/3 cup cocoa powder 1 tsp baking powder 1 tsp salt 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips 1 cup heavy cream 1 tbsp granulated sugar 1 tbsp chopped mint
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare a 9x9 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Cut two 8-inch wide strips of parchment and lay crossed, inside the dish with the excess hanging over the edges of the dish.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the melted chocolate, butter, and two avocados. Whisk in the sugar, eggs, and one and a half teaspoons of vanilla until well combined.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Stir into the wet mixture. Stir the chocolate chips and fold until small streaks of flour are visible. Make sure not to over work the batter or the brownies will be tough.
4. Spread evenly in the prepared baking dish and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted into the center and comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature. Serve each brownie with a dollop of avocado mousse.
5. To make the avocado mousse, whip the heavy cream to medium peaks with the sugar, one teaspoon vanilla, and a pinch of salt. Continue to whisk and add in the avocado. Whisk until incorporated. Fold in the mint.
Become an insider
Subscribe to Dr. Oz’s free, daily newsletter and get his exclusive, personal tips for living your best life.