Head chef Glen Rolnick at the famous Italian restaurant in New York City Carmine's is sharing their secret family marinara sauce recipe. Prepare this wholesome sauce using all fresh ingredients. Serve with your favorite pasta or use it to make eggplant parmigiana.
4 (28 oz) can San Marzano peeled plum tomatoes 3/4 cup olive oil 3/4 cup fresh garlic, thin-sliced 1 cup fresh basil, chopped 1/2 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped 1 tbsp Kosher salt 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 cup Romano cheese, grated
1. Preheat a 5-quart sauce pot with the olive oil.
2. Add the garlic and brown (be careful not to burn).
3. Add the parsley and the basil and cook for another minute.
4. Add the tomatoes and the salt and pepper.
5. Bring tomato mixture to a boil and then reduce to a simmer (slightly break up the whole tomatoes with a spoon).
6. Cook for approximately 75 minutes.
7. Remove from the heat, fold in the cheese, and serve.