This crusty cauliflower bread recipe was created by Weelicious food blogger, Catherine McCord, when she wanted to make a healthier version of a grilled cheese sandwich. He knocked the ball out of the park with that veggie and cheese combo, but crusty cauliflower bread tastes delicious when paired with your other favorite sandwich fixings, too!
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 free-range organic egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 tsp fine grain sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchement paper and liberbally grease it with olive oil. Set aside.
3. In a food processor, rice the cauliflower florets.
4. Transfer cauliflower rice to a microwave-safe dish and microwave on high for eight minutes, until cooked.
5. Squeeze out excess water from the cauliflower.
6. Transfer the cauliflower rice to a mixing bowl, add egg, mozzarella, salt, pepper and mix well.
7. Shape into squares and place onto a parchment on a baking sheet.
8. Place in oven and bake for about 16 minutes until golden.
9. Remove and let dry.