Makes 2 servings
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 tsp oregano
- pinch of black pepper
- 1/2 cup part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp minced fresh basil
1. Preheat oven to 400°F and lightly coat a baking sheet with some of the olive oil.
2. With the whole head of cauliflower sitting upright on its stem, vertically slice off the left and right sides leaving just over 2 inches in the center section. Vertically slice this center section into two 1-inch-thick slabs.
3. Brush the flat surfaces of the two slabs with olive oil and season with oregano and pepper. Be careful not to break off any of the florets from the attached core of the cauliflower. Place on sheet tray and roast until bottom is golden brown, about 25 minutes. Gently turn the cauliflower slabs with a spatula and top with half the cheese. Return to the oven until the cheese melts.
4. Spoon the tomato sauce over the cauliflower and top with the remaining cheese. Return it to the oven until the cheese has melted. Cut cauliflower slabs in half to form wedges and top with fresh basil.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!