Cauliflower risotto is a healthier alternative to a traditional creamy risotto dish. This recipe will add more veggies to your diet and cut down your carb intake. Each bite is packed with protein and vitamins!
12 oz fresh riced cauliflower 1-2 tbsp olive oil 2 tbsp unsalted butter, divided 1 large shallot, diced 1/4 cup frozen peas and carrots 3/4 cup chicken or vegetable stock 2 pinches of saffron 1 handful of grated Parmesan cheese 3 tbsp heavy or light cream (optional) freshly chopped parsley
1. Sauté diced shallot in a pan with olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter for 3-4 minutes. Add saffron and mix.
2. Add riced cauliflower, peas, and carrots and mix. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Add in stock and continue to cook for 5 minutes. If you would like a creamier consistency, add a few tablespoons of heavy cream.
4. When cauliflower rice is just over al denté, add in remaining butter, Parmesan cheese, and some freshly chopped parlsey.
5. Mix everything together and serve.
Become an insider
Subscribe to Dr. Oz’s free, daily newsletter and get his exclusive, personal tips for living your best life.