These cauliflower steaks aren’t trying to be real steaks but cooked the right way, they’re so flavorful they can proudly serve as the centerpiece on any table. This dish will keep you healthy and energize your brain cells!
From The Alzheimer’s Solution by Dean & Ayesha Sherzai, MD. Copyright 2017.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp salt and pepper
- 1 sprig fresh thyme, stemmed and chopped
- 3 sage leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- fresh ground black pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F. Remove leaves from stem end of cauliflower, leaving the core intact. Place cauliflower core side down on a cutting board. Using a large knife, slice cauliflower into four steaks from the center of cauliflower. Each steak should be approximately a half-inch thick.
2. Place parchment paper on a baking sheet and grease the surface with a teaspoon of olive oil. Arrange the cauliflower steaks on the baking sheet along with any of the broken florets.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the rest of the olive oil, minced garlic, salt, pepper, and all the herbs. Brush the cauliflower slices generously on both sides with this mixture, making sure the oil and herbs cover all the crevices.
4. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes. Flip the cauliflower and bake another 10 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
5. When the cauliflower steaks are done, remove from oven and transfer to individual serving plates. Season with a generous amount of fresh ground black pepper.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!