Looking to boost your cognitive function? Author, filmmaker, and brain health expert Max Lugavere says what you eat can make a major impact on your brain processes. Try starting your day with these supercharged scrambled eggs, made with nutritional yeast in lieu of ordinary cheese. This healthy ingredient not only imparts a cheesy flavor, it is also loaded with B vitamins which can boost brain power.
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon of avocado oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 3 whole pastured or omega-3 eggs, beaten
- 1 ½ tsp nutritional yeast
- 3 pinches of salt
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in large skillet over very low heat.
2. Add the eggs to the pan and slowly scramble using a heatproof spatula.
3. Sift the nutritional yeast over the eggs and stir it in.
4. Add 2 pinches of salt.
5. Remove from the heat just prior to reaching your desired consistency (they will continue to cook for a few minutes).
6. Drizzle the remaining 1 teaspoon of oil on top and finish with a pinch of salt. I often serve my eggs with a whole sliced avocado on the side. For variation, throw some diced onions, chopped bell peppers, or sliced mushrooms into the pan and sauté them before adding the eggs.