Looking to boost your cognitive function? Author, filmmaker, and brain health expert Max Lugavere says what you eat can make a major impact on your brain processes. Try starting your day with these supercharged scrambled eggs, made with nutritional yeast in lieu of ordinary cheese. This healthy ingredient not only imparts a cheesy flavor, it is also loaded with B vitamins which can boost brain power.
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon of avocado oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 3 whole pastured or omega-3 eggs, beaten
- 1 ½ tsp nutritional yeast
- 3 pinches of salt
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in large skillet over very low heat.
2. Add the eggs to the pan and slowly scramble using a heatproof spatula.
3. Sift the nutritional yeast over the eggs and stir it in.
4. Add 2 pinches of salt.
5. Remove from the heat just prior to reaching your desired consistency (they will continue to cook for a few minutes).
6. Drizzle the remaining 1 teaspoon of oil on top and finish with a pinch of salt. I often serve my eggs with a whole sliced avocado on the side. For variation, throw some diced onions, chopped bell peppers, or sliced mushrooms into the pan and sauté them before adding the eggs.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!