This healthy and filling salad is packed with nutrients to nourish your mind and body. Author, filmmaker, and brain health expert Max Lugavere says there are certain "genius" foods to look out for if you want to boost cognitive function. This recipe definitely ticks the box thanks to the addition of folate-rich asparagus, almonds which are full of vitamin E, and avocado which is loaded with omega-3s. Enjoy this meal for lunch, dinner, or any time the craving strikes.
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1 cup steamed asparagus
- 6 oz diced, poached chicken breast
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
- pinch of salt
- freshly ground pepper
1. In a large bowl toss the lettuce with the avocado, asparagus, diced chicken breast, and almonds.
2. Whisk together the vinegar, maple syrup, salt, pepper, and oil, sprinkle over the salad top with fresh herbs if using and enjoy!
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!