This dish is perfect to make for a lazy night in or a romantic dinner for two. You can also double and triple the quantities and serve as an appetizer or main course for a larger event like a family dinner or party.
8 oz chicken breast, sliced thin 4 oz creme fraiche 2 oz half and half 4 oz white wine 4 oz chicken stock 2 oz spring onions, chopped 2 medium red onions, chopped 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 2 tbsp Dijon mustard 2 tbsp fresh tarragon, finely chopped 1 tbsp fresh oregano, finely chopped 2 tbsp flour 2 tbsp olive oil salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a medium bowl, toss the chicken in flour and season with salt and pepper.
2. In a medium to large pan, fry the chicken in olive oil until golden brown.
3. Add half of the tarragon and oregano into the pan and let wilt.
3. Remove chicken from pan and set aside. In the same pan, add the onions and garlic and saute until transparent.
4. Deglaze with white wine, bring to a boil, then add the chicken stock.
5. Add in the creme fraiche and stir well. Then add the half and half and let simmer.
6. Add the remaining ingredients, including the chicken, and stir well.
7. Adjust seasoning, and let simmer for about 5 minutes while stirring constantly.
8. Serve over rice or pasta.
Become an insider
Subscribe to Dr. Oz’s free, daily newsletter and get his exclusive, personal tips for living your best life.