1/3 cup short grain brown rice 4 cups low salt chicken or veggie stock 1-2 inch piece of ginger 2 cloves garlic, crushed 1 lb skinless and boneless chicken thighs 1 tsp salt 1 cup diced carrots 1 cup diced celery 1/2 cup chopped parsley
1. In a large pot, bring the rice, stock, ginger and garlic to a boil. Lower heat to medium and cook for about 15 minutes.
2. Add in the chicken, salt, carrots and celery bring back to a boil, lower to a simmer, cover the pot and cook for 20 minutes.
3. Remove chicken from the pot and put aside until cool enough to handle.
4. Continue to cook the rice and vegetables in the broth until rice is fully cooked, about 20 more minutes.
5. Meanwhile, dice the chicken into bite-size pieces. Once the rice is fully cooked, return the chicken to the pot and cook long enough to heat the chicken through. Serve sprinkled with the parsley.
Subscribe to Dr. Oz’s newsletter and never miss the best content.
Get everything you need to live healthy and happy.
Click here to sign up.