Chicken soup isn’t just for the winter months when you are sick in bed. This protein-packed vegetable chicken soup is perfect to enjoy all year long. You get your protein fix from the chicken and black beans, while getting your vitamin boost from all the vegetables. Add seaweed rich in iodine to increase your energy levels.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 onion
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup carrot, chopped
- 1/2 cup parsnip, chopped
- 2 cups collard green, chopped
- 1 can black beans, strained
- 1/2 cup seaweed (optional)
1. Simmer garlic and onion combined in olive oil.
2. Pour in the chicken broth and the vegetables and turn to a boil. When boiling turn to a simmer.
3. Leave on simmer until vegetables are soft. With 5 minutes left to cook, pour in the strained canned beans and optional seaweed.