1 tbsp grapeseed oil 2 medium sweet potatoes, cut into medium chunks 1 pear, cored, cut into medium chunks 3 cloves garlic 2 tsp turmeric pinch of salt 4 cups chicken broth 1 tbsp chopped, canned chipotles with sauce (or more, depending how hot you like it) cilantro (optional) avocado, diced (optional)
1. In a large pan, heat the oil and cook the sweet potatoes and pear for about 5 minutes until they start to caramelize a little.
2. Stir in the turmeric and garlic and stir for a minute more. Add a bit of salt, the chicken broth, and the chipotle. Stir well.
3. Bring pot to a boil, then reduce the heat to a low simmer, cover the pan and cook on low for 10 to 15 minutes, until the sweet potatoes are soft.
4. With an immersion (or regular) blender, puree all the ingredients until smooth.
5. Before serving, reheat if necessary and serve topped with diced avocado and chopped cilantro.
Subscribe to Dr. Oz’s newsletter and never miss the best content.
Get everything you need to live healthy and happy.
Click here to sign up.